Monday, June 16, 2014

My Favorite Face Masks

I LOVE facials. I've never been to a professional spa and had one done, but I make some great facials at home that I'd love to share with all of you! These are all super easy to make at home, and after putting these on your face, you'll feel the moisturizing effects immediately!

1. Bentonite Clay Mask
This mask is a must for anyone who struggles with blackheads. I, for one, get them all over my nose, and I think popping them is a bad move and causes scars. So, instead, I use this great mask which vastly reduces my blackheads in only twenty minutes!

Instructions:
Super sexy, right? Haha


  • Mix equal parts bentonite clay with water or apple cider vinegar in a non-metal bowl
  • Stir using a non-metal utensil
  • Apply to face
  • Leave it on until it dries
  • Remove with warm water
Bentonite clay is made from aged volcanic ash from around the world. Because of its chemical properties, it is extremely detoxifying. It contains high levels of free ions and minerals, so when it comes in contact with anything, it reacts with the other ions and remineralizes the surface. That's why I stress not to use metal utensils when working with this product. The clay will react with the metal and render your clay useless. 

Also, if you have sensitive skin, I recommend using water to mix with the clay instead of ACV. This product will tingle on your skin, and this tingling can be quite intense if mixed with ACV. The first time you do this, try it with water and see how your skin fares. 

2. Green Tea Face Mask
This mask is an all-around great moisturizer, and I like to use this mask once or twice per week. The ingredients couldn't be simpler, and it the mixture smells great. 

Instructions:
  • Tear 1 bag of green tea to release the leaves
  • Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of plain Greek yogurt
  • Apply to face
  • Leave on your face for 15-20 minutes
  • Remove with warm water
There aren't any special instructions or notes to go along with this mask. It's all-around great and suitable for all types of skin. 

3. Baking Soda Mask
This is possibly the simplest mask I've ever made. Be careful, though, because this is somewhat drying on the skin, so ensure that you use a good toner and moisturizer on your skin afterwards. 

Instructions:
  • Mix equal parts baking soda and water
  • Apply to face
  • Allow to dry (15-20 minutes)
  • Wash off with a warm washcloth 
This mask is somewhat harsh on sensitive skin. For me, I can only leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes until it starts to tingle too intensely. It makes your skin VERY soft, though. Also, for added exfoliation, when removing the mask, gently rub the mixture on your face in circular motions. 

4. Milk and Egg Whites Mask

Instructions:
  • Separate one egg into yolk and white
  • Mix the egg white with equal parts milk
  • Apply to face
  • Leave on face for 15-20 minutes
  • Remove with warm water
This mask is incredibly moisturizing. The lactic acid in the milk works to gently exfoliate skin while the oils in the egg white deeply penetrate the skin to provide moisture. 

These are my absolute favorite masks, and I've listed them in order of my favorites. If you try any of these, let me know how it goes in the comment section!!

Have a happy facial and spa time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment